For the first time in the history of the Britannia Series, the silver and gold bullion coins enter a new era with a portrait of King Charles III on the obverse. After a brief release of 2023 Britannias with Queen Elizabeth II’s portrait, the series moves forward with a bust of the king from Martin Jennings. Right now, 2023 1 oz British Gold Britannia Coins are available to purchase online from Ottawa Bullion.
- 37th offering of British Gold Britannia Coins!
- 1st release with a portrait of King Charles III!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .9999 pure gold in BU condition.
- Bears a face value of 100 Pound sterling (GBP) backed by the government of Britain.
- Obverse features King Charles III.
- Reverse depicts Britannia.
- Offers four security elements.
This portion of the 2023 British Gold Britannia release features the all-new bust of King Charles III. Following his mother’s death, Prince Charles ascended to the throne as King Charles III, King of England. His portrait is now ready for use on British coins and makes its debut in this series.
Obverse design elements on 2023 1 oz Gold Britannia Coins feature the new left-profile bust of King Charles III. His Majesty’s effigy was created by Martin Jennings and comes without a crown on his head, a tradition set by previous male monarchs.
Reverse visuals on 2023 British Gold Britannia Coins include the modern Britannia effigy. Her figure is shown in front-facing relief looking to her right. She clutches a trident in one hand and a Union Jack shield in the other with a Corinthian helmet on her head.