The British Silver Britannia Coin moves into a new generation in 2023 as the Royal Mint transitions from its last images of Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse to the new portrait of King Charles III. Today, 2023 1 oz British Silver Britannia Coins with the new King Charles III portrait are available to you from Ottawa Bullion
- Comes in plastic tubes of 25 coins, or mint-sealed Monster Boxes of 500 coins!
- 27th coin in the British Silver Britannia Series!
- First Silver Britannias with King Charles III’s effigy!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .999 pure silver in BU condition.
- The face value of 2 Pound sterling (GBP) is fully backed by the British government.
- On the obverse is a bust of King Charles III.
- The reverse features Britannia.
- Security elements on the reverse field.
The Royal Mint started the 2023 production cycle for its major bullion coins with a final effigy of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II. With the Queen’s passing in September 2022, time was short to create a new portrait and the decision was made to strike a limited run of 2023 Britannias with Her Majesty’s effigy before introducing new coins in the series with His Majesty, King Charles III.
All of the 2023 1 oz British Silver Britannia Coins available here at Ottawa Bullion come in Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
On the obverse of 2023 British Silver Britannia Coins is the new effigy of King Charles III. His Majesty is shown in left-profile relief with no crown on his head. This design follows the tradition of alternating the orientation of the monarch’s effigy on the coins, as well as the use of male monarch portrait’s without a crown. This new bust of the king was created by Martin Jennings.
The reverse of the 2023 1 oz Silver Britannia Coin comes with a depiction of Britannia. Designed in 1987 by Philip Nathan, this bust shows Britannia as she holds a trident in one hand, a Union Jack shield in the other, and a Corinthian helmet.