The most popular silver bullion coin in Europe is the Austrian Silver Philharmonic. Introduced by the Austrian Mint in 2008, the Silver Philharmonic expanded the existing Austrian Philharmonic Series from a gold-only collection to a series with both gold and silver bullion options. Today, 2023 1 oz Austrian Silver Philharmonic Coins are available to you online from Ottawa Bullion.
- Coins come in plastic tubes of 20, and mint-sealed Monster Boxes of 500 coins!
- 16th date in the Austrian Silver Philharmonic Series!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .999 pure silver in BU condition.
- The face value of 1.50 Euro is fully backed by the Austrian government.
- On the obverse is the pipe organ of the Musikverein.
- The reverse side comes with a collection of musical instruments favored by the members of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra.
Austrian Philharmonic bullion coins debuted in 1989 when the Austrian Mint released the first gold bullion coins in the series. The series started with 1 oz and 1/4 oz gold, later expanding to include a 1/10 oz coin in 1991, a 1/2 oz coin in 1994, and a 1/25 oz coin in 2014. The Silver Philharmonic was introduced in 2008 with 1 oz silver as the only option. Since then, a 1 oz platinum coin debuted in 2016 and was followed by a 1/25 oz platinum coin in 2017.
On the obverse of 2023 Austrian Silver Philharmonic Coins is a depiction of the pipe organ found in the Musikverein. The Musikverein is also known as the Golden Concert Hall and is the venue where the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra performs when it is in the capital city of Austria.
The reverse field of 2023 1 oz Silver Philharmonic Coins includes a design with various musical instruments. The field includes a cello at the center with two violins flanking it on either side. Behind it, you will find a bassoon, a harp, and a French horn.