FOR THE OFFICIAL ROYAL CANADIAN MINT SPECIFICATION SHEET, PLEASE CLICK HERE
Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coins are considered some of the most beautiful Silver coins in the world. They appeal to both investors and collectors worldwide for their beauty and high purity, featuring an iconic design and .9999 fine Silver.
The 2021 1 oz Silver Maple Leaf features a new form of security though the Royal Canadian Mint’s Bullion DNA program. The Bullion DNA program offers the highest security on the market for any bullion coin. Each bullion coin features a textured maple leaf security privy mark, micro-engraved with laser technology and is visible only under magnification. Etched within the maple leaf security mark are the two digits indicating the coin’s production year. Each micro-engraving is encoded, scanned and recorded at the mint for future authentication giving each coin their unique Bullion DNA.
Bullion DNA authenticates coins by scanning them with a Mint’s proprietary Bullion DNA reader verifying that the micro-engraved security mark is a match to the Royal Canadian Mint’s secure database. This process provides each Gold Maple Leaf coin with the highest security for any coin in the market place. The Royal Canadian Mint’s unique Bullion DNA program authenticates Silver Maple Leaf coins dated 2015 and later.
- Each coin contains 1 troy ounce (31.1 grams) of .9999 fine Silver.
- This Mint-Case (Monster Box) contains 20 Tubes of 25 Silver Canadian Maple Leaf Coins, for a total Silver weight of 500 Troy Ounces.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: A large, single maple leaf with the weight and purity. New micro-engraved maple leaf privy mark shows a “21” when viewed under magnification.
- Radial line background was precisely machined by the Royal Canadian Mint onto their master die to create a unique light diffracting pattern, providing another measure of security.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.