This stunning 2017 1 oz Canadian Gold Elk - Call of the Wild $200 .99999 Fine Gold is the fourth coin in “Call of the Wild” series from the Royal Canadian Mint, honoring the Canadian wildlife. This impressive collection started in 2014 with the 1 oz Gold Howling Wolf coin.
A unique aspect of this series that coins are issued with a proof-like finish, sealed in an assay card for authenticity verification. This coin features a micro-engraved maple leaf laser mark in the coin’s field. In the centre of the mark there is number “17,” providing the coin’s year of mintage. The fourth coin in this collection crafted in 1 oz 99.999% pure gold, representing the highest standard of pure gold available in the world. This is not the first series celebrates the Canadian wildlife, but it is the first series with a face value of $200 CAN and a purity of .99999 gold. This gold purity makes this particular gold coin one of the purest in the world.
Easily recognized for its antlers, the elk is found in western Canada and in different parts of Ontario. The elk also called wapiti, a Native American word that means “light-colored deer.” Elk are related to deer but are much larger than their relatives. called typically lives in a single-sex grouping, with cows, calves and younger bulls forming a summer herd.
The Royal Canadian Mint has a global reputation for producing some of the finest gold bullion coins on the market and “call of the wild” series is a great example of this production. A world leader in producing high-quality coins and bars, the RCM is most admired for its iconic Canadian Maple Leaf coin series.
- Contains 1 oz of .99999 fine Gold.
- Individually housed in an assay card, verifying the the gold purity and coin’s weight.
- Obverse: Susanna Blunt’s design of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the $200 face value (CAN).
- Reverse: A magnificent Canadian elk with lines in the background, while weight and purity are listed below.
- Each of these coins features a small maple leaf privy mark, micro-engraved with the number "17," which is visible only under magnification.
- Unique credit-card sized packaging ideal for easy packaging and storage.